I was feeling unsure about my color scheme. I decided to give the cloak some more layers of black and blue washes and the skirt some layers brown washes to make the colors richer.
I’m not sure the photos convey the differences, which are subtle. I’m still thinking I might try another scheme. I like the color scheme GW has for the Elrond foot and mounted version. But maybe with off-white cloaks.
Just thought I’d give a few updates tonight on my Rivendell elves army for the Hobbit Strategy Battle Game. No progress on the heroes (except that I got some parts for mounted Gil-Galad) but I’ve been working on some troops over the past few weeks.
I’ve scrapped the idea of using silicone to make press molds for now, even returned the silicone to the store. Will just be using good old-fashioned hacking up minis. But if you’ve got an extra armored Glorfindel or Erestor let me know.
Check out that lovely chair our neighbor gave us! We have a very trendy interior design style, it’s called “free chic.”
I’ve been trying to figure out the case situation for my minis for a little while now. I’ve been using the deluxe box of the Willy Miniatures Ratmen Team that I unboxed a few months back to get my Blood Bowl stuff around to my league games. And it’s been fine. But I’ve also recently gotten into the Hobbit Strategy Battle Game which requires quite a few more models than Blood Bowl. Not hundreds of models, but dozens. So I need a solution for that too, as well as my BB team.
As I mentioned in my last post I’ve been working on some conversions for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game. Specifically, mounted Gil-Galad, mounted Glorfindel and armored and mounted Lindir. This is an update on my experiments.